Wednesday, May 7, 2008

So This is Life as a Normal Family...

So Daniel was released from the hospital on Tuesday morning and we started our life as a "normal" family. I do have to say it takes a bit getting used to. In the last two days I have had to stop and think about what I really needed to take with me. No suction machine, no "Oh Crap Bag" - just Daniel. Quite liberating!!!!

Since being paroled Daniel has gotten the chance to visit Lexington, Kentucky and check out the horse farms and a local race track. (Yes we are starting him early).

He also has gotten the chance to visit the Cincinnati Zoo. Daniel did enjoy the zebras, penguins and polar bears at the Zoo. Here are some of our favorite photos from today's adventure...


"Ready to Hit the Zoo!"


"Daddy, I want to go see the bears, now!"


"Hey, I'm a little thirsty here!"


"The Zoo is a lot of hard work!"

Daniel continues to crack us up and has allowed us to begin a new chapter of our lives with ease. He is beginning to be a bit more open to putting things in his mouth. We will see how long that lasts and where it leads us.

Enjoy your Thursday!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome...we're glad you made it..Jfr.

Danielle said...

I am so so happy for Daniel and you all as you begin your "normal" family life. I enjoy reading about you all and hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys glad everything is going so well!! Talk to you soon!!
Morris crew

Anonymous said...

Love those shades Daniel's wearing. He does look like a little rock star in them. Jim and I are so happy for you and for Daniel that everything went so well.
Love,
Aunt Dolly