Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh What A Day,,,,

Oh what a day it was!! Since Daniel appears to be craving socialization with other little people, I finally took him to an age appropriate class that focuses on music. Despite some crying in the beginning of class Daniel did finally warm up and enjoyed dancing around to the beat of the music and got into it. The program also allows you 45 minutes in their soft play gym which was great and Daniel enjoyed very much. So we now have a fun activity to do on Wednesday morning until April which is not therapy related. YEAH!!!

The plan today was also to attending another book signing for Kate Gosselin from TLC's show "Jon and Kate Plus Eight." Yes, I know but I am addicted to the show. I think deep down it just makes me feel better knowing my life is not that crazy. Anyway, Mike suggested I call and see if they were giving out wristbands since she is pretty popular around here. Once again Mike was right on the money and I went at 4:25 p.m. to get my wristband. Mind you - they started giving out wristbands at 4:00 p.m. and I got number 216. So the plan was to go back around 7:30 p.m. or so and have her sign the book and take a picture with Daniel. Yes, we are on a mission to see how many "famous" people he can get his photo with. Well the plan did not go according to plan since my mom fell this morning and broke her wrist and needed to have surgery immediately. So, Mike was kind enough to go to the book signing with Daniel and I went to the hospital. (Everything went fine with my mom but she has to wear a cast for six weeks.) The funny thing was we estimated that Kate would not get to the 200's for about hour and half. When Mike got there at 8:00 p.m. they were already up to the 400's. Luckily Mike was able to cut the line and only had to wait 25 minutes. He was not able to get Daniel in the photo since they were "moving" the line along. (Watch the video and you will see what I mean.) Oh well! Here are a few photos courtesy of Mike of the book signing ...


The crowds.
Notice the Mall Security Guard just waiting for something to happen


Kate Gosselin's Shoes
Notice the gifts behind her...They are for her kids.
People are CRAZY!!


The women of the hour signing our book.
I do have to say, her signature is horrible.

"Moving the Line Along"

No comments: