Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy 21st!

Today marks Daniel's 21st month birthday! I can't even believe that in three short months he will be two! How quickly time has gone by and how much has changed over these past 21 months. Unbelievable! Daniel spent his "birthday" morning at our weekly music class. He did much better this week and no tears were shed. He even chased and hugged two of his classmates so I guess there is hope!!!

Daniel's speech is coming along and his therapist is quite happy with his progress. Now if I could get his eating on the same pace as his speech progress I would be one happy camper. I guess I am still working on the concept "all in good time."

Knowing that we will need to go in Cincinnati for Daniel's six month evaluation in April I made a preemptive strike and called them today. Actually I was trying to find out how close to Easter his appointment would be scheduled in order to plan our Easter plans. "Luckily" they have put us on the schedule for April 22nd - exactly one year and one day to the anniversary of his airway surgery. How ironic is that? I guess it is not a bad place to "celebrate" Daniel's voice.

Daniel continues to be a happy and funny little boy. As you can see, he continues to find new and interesting ways to play with his toys.....


Until next time.......

No comments: