Thursday, September 22, 2011

Off to High School!

Well not really.  Daniel is smart but he is no Doggie Howser, MD.

Last year a mom in Daniel's nursery school class mentioned to me that our local high school has a pre-school program which is run by a teacher and high school students who are interested in or will be majoring in early childhood education in college.  The program, which is two hours in the morning, three days a week, provides almost a one-on-one ratio to the pre-schooler and the "teacher."  After searching and finding the program on the web, I looked in to it, toured it, and decided to enrolled Daniel.  The funny thing is that the teacher who runs the program could be my college roommate.  I swear I am going to call the teacher "Jennifer" on day.  It is totally strange but makes me smile every time I think about it.

Anyway, yesterday was the first day of this program and Daniel was so excited to go.  Granted he has been excited to go to school since we started last week but this was different.  I am not sure if it is because I told him that he would be one of 12 boys in class (he has been totally outnumbered in his other school) or if it was because he would be meeting kids in our town or simply just excited for school.  I will take any of those reasons!  And if I said he took to it like a champ, it would be an understatement. 

In the driveway and off we go....


Heading in....(and boy did this give me a flash forward moment)


Finding his cubby by name all by himself.....


And that's all I got because he was off running and playing.  No goodbyes - just a "see ya later" which I might add he blew by me and into Mike's arms at pick-up.  Yes, we are off to High School already! 

No comments: