Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sir Daniel

With the weather finally breaking here we took the opportunity to enjoy some quality family time outside and went to the New York Renaissance Festival this past weekend.


For the record, I am totally not a huge fan of this event, but, with Daniel's love of swords and Robin Hood (the Disney movie) Mike thought it was a good idea.

And yes, I dug my heals in as I really did not think it was a good idea to expose Daniel to some of the crazy faire goers and talent. However, I was once again wrong and Daniel did great. He was a bit reserved in the beginning and stayed close at hand but by the end of the day he seemed to really enjoy himself.
During the day he listened to stories.....

Tried his hand at archery....
"I did it!"
Even reenacted a scene from "The Sword and the Stone"....
And of course watched the knights joust. Thankfully the purple knight won so Daniel was very happy as "purple is his favorite."
And even waited in line to be knighted...
Being knighted "Sir Daniel" by Queen Elizabeth

All and all, a fair day at the Faire.

No comments: