Thursday, April 15, 2010

What A Difference Nine Months Make

Next Monday (April 19th) we will be heading out to Cincinnati for Daniel's annual ENT scope and his nine month follow-up appointment with his GI Dr. As I am beginning to pack for our trip it has struck me what a difference nine months make and what was once a non-thinking experience of packing for this trip is now a little bit of a struggle as I have to make lists again and stop and think what I have to bring. No longer do I have to take a case of Pedisure - now it is just three bottles; I actually have to pack food for the trip and a cooler as Daniel is eating like a champ these days and the "Oh Crap Bag" has/had to be totally re-worked and re-packed as there is no longer the need for more than half the stuff in the bag and there is a HUGE need for extra clothes, underwear and NORMAL first-aid stuff. And don't forget the need and sanity savers/entertainment options for a 10 hour road trip with an almost three-year-old. (And no we will still make this trip in two days cause there is no way we are making it in just one anymore.)


And I have to say this long break in going out there is a huge blessing and a welcome relief I think it has gotten me more stressed out than ever before. As the bags get packed...



and I have to keep figuring out ways to keep "Curious Daniel" out of them in an effort of him not finding some of the new things that we picked up to keep him entertained, I just have to smile and giggle because as strange as it is to think about what to pack for this once normal trip is now not so normal and what a great feeling and problem that is.


Boy - what a difference nine months make!



No comments: