Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas in New York...

Given the fact it was 45 degrees, sunny and little wind, we chose to head into New York City and give Daniel his first "Christmas in New York" experience. Though I have to say I soooooo was not thinking or planning on doing this today but what a wonderful day we had. Daniel was a trooper and went and saw the windows at Macy's and Saks, and the tree in Rockefeller Center. He was done, and so was I, after our "visit" to the B&H store. (They sell electronics and are a mecca in New York). A bit over stimulating for me too!


Afterwards we went to see Mike's sister Angie and Brett for some fun in Brooklyn. We took a nice walk to the Brooklyn waterfront and took some great "New York" photos. Daniel even let Angie take a picture with him and even let her carry him back to her apartment. (See, there is hope Nana and Aunt Lori!!!!)

Here are a some photos from our adventures today and some sights of "Christmas in New York." (Yes, I included photos of me this time...)



Outside Macy's - Being "tourists" and enjoying our first Christmas window experience.




"Believing in the Magic of Christmas"




Of course we had to take this photo
Thanks to the stranger who took the photo



Standing in Herald Square


Having WAY to much fun on the escalators in Macy's


Going to see the Macy's Santa
(Ok - we did not see Santa cause the wait was an hour long and who needs another meltdown but Macy's did let you take a "Peek at Santa")


Through Santa's window
"Ok - that's enough"



"I think I need this Star for My Tree"


The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center


Enjoying the sunset in Brooklyn
(With my Santi-wipe - Can you tell he was in a "bubble" all last year?)



"Hanging with my Aunt Angie"



A Great Way to End a Special Family Day

And since we were gone most of the day, when we got home, Daniel wanted KC to feel that she was loved so he gave her one of his stuffed toys to cuddle with as she went off to sleep...

Hope you created special memories today!
And there is only 10 more shopping days till Christmas...

No comments: