Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thank God for The Oh Shit Bag!

All I have to say is "Thank God for The Oh Shit Bag!" For those of you who do not know what the "Oh Shit Bag" is all about, it is the bag that you carry with kids with trachs with all your "must-have" supplies in case you need something in an emergency or when you say "Oh Shit.!" Well, we had an "Oh Shit" moment on our way out to Cincinnati tonight. Not a major one but a moment.

So here's our moment - as I was getting ready to pull out the stuff for Daniel's 5:00 feeding I quickly realized that I left his food and G-Tube in our frig in Mahwah. Now it wouldn't have been a big deal but we were about two and a half hours away from home. Thus an "Oh Shit" moment. Luckily the NICU nurses provided us with all the necessary supplies and the crisis was adverted. Though we did need to stop for bottles. I was so hoping I would not need to crack into this bag but apparently I am not the best packer in the world - I also forgot socks for me for the rest of the week.

Despite my lack of brain power - the Comfort Inn in New Stanton, PA thinks we are pretty special. Upon arrival this evening we found out we were selected as "Guests of the Day." What did we get - a parking space right in front. How funny is this....
Maybe they knew it was our last trip for a couple of weeks???

Tomorrow features Daniel's last dilation!!! YEAH!!! Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

Straley said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know you are always in our thoughts and prayers! Love, The Straley's

Anonymous said...

Patrice, I think you're got the Oh Shit Bag much more organized than I ever could. Hey, You're allowed to forget a few things once in awhile. Jim and I admire you and Mike so much and think you're doing a fabulous job.
Love,
Aunt Dolly